Hey Everyone, I wanted to introduce the girl on the other side of the camera!
I’m an Indianapolis resident — my hometown is Terre Haute — I live here with my amazing, hardworking, super supportive Husband, our incredibly sweet and adorable (if I do say so myself) 20 month old baby boy, and our 2 fur-babies. Being a parent is truly the coolest adventure we’ve ever been on.
Even as a child, before I had my own cameras I would use my parents’ and grandparents’ cameras. For as long as I can remember photography has been my thing. It has always been my creative outlet. If you’ve known me for longer than a 24 hour period, you would agree.
I’ve always felt like I had to have a “real job” to pay the bills but at the beginning of this year, with the support of my Husband, I finally had the opportunity to turn my life long passion into a career. Having the support from everyone around me is a great feeling. Next to being a wife and a mother, this is what I was meant to do.
- I graduated from Indiana State University with a Bachelor’s in Criminology. My professional career started in Law Enforcement. I dealt with a variety of people ranging from drunk drivers to murders and rapists. I loved the work I did but couldn’t stand the politics. It wasn’t a time of trying to rehabilitate people.
- I can sit for HOURS and sift through old family photos. Especially the ones of my parents and grandparents.
- I consider myself to be an old soul. I love old tv shows and I have an antique store obsession. I have a great collection of antique cameras.
- I also collect all things Marilyn Monroe and Lucille Ball. My fascination with them began with seeing the all the old photos of them. There is always a story that goes along with them… even if it’s a tragic one.
- I enjoy an ice cold wheat beer or a sweet glass of wine.
- I love me some country music but I have rock music in my blood.
I cherish each and every person I have photographed. Many are friends who trust me capture great memories for them. I am very laid back and strive to make each photo session as relaxed as possible. Being a mom myself, I know sometimes the kiddos don’t always want to have a camera in their face. This is when I get to be silly and work for the giggles! To provide you with the most perfect images, I promise to keep reading, participate in further education opportunities, invest in bigger and better equipment and technology, and PRACTICE!
Thank you for your support 💚💚💚
Kelli White Photography
Jennifer Soots Photography